Roche Molecular Solutions is the Innovation Engine for Roche Diagnostics, translating cutting-edge science and innovation into practice.
Advancements in in vitro diagnostics – and within that, molecular diagnostics – are revolutionizing the practice of medicine-enabling earlier disease detection, improving prenatal and blood donor screening, and advancing treatment of heritable disease. Novel assays based on next-generation sequencing and microarray technologies are being developed, helping us unlock the power of the genome. When laboratories begin to take advantage of these tools, we will see changes in healthcare-changes in the way medicine is practiced—in ways never before imagined. We’ve achieved tremendous success in the past as individual businesses, and in coming together as Roche Molecular Solutions, with a OneRoche mindset, we envision even greater opportunities for collaboration, innovation and success in the future.
Reporting to the VP Business Development for Roche Molecular Solutions, this Senior Director of Business Development will be the Head of the Want / Find / Get team. This position will lead, manage and develop the team which has overall responsibility for the search and assessment of external opportunities within the Roche Molecular Solutions Business Development team. Roche Molecular Solutions covers the Roche Molecular Diagnostics, Roche Sequencing Solutions and Roche Tissue Diagnostics Business Units.
- Generate and secure a continuous flow of attractive partnership opportunities that lead to a number of high value agreements
- Evaluate new and existing external strategic business relationships and initiatives, including licenses, partnerships, alliances and/or acquisitions, including technology providers, strategic suppliers, channel partners, strategic customers, etc.
- Collaboration to support In- and Out-licensing activities. Supports our patent-strategy and -portfolio.
- Support the team in identifying opportunities and make a compelling case for these internally.
- Assessment of opportunities through collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Lead the preparation and negotiation of new business partnership agreements and contracts
- Make sound recommendations regarding specific transactions
- Ensure successful and smooth handover to allow implementation of collaborations, alliances and acquisitions
- Establish effective interfaces within MS and with other stakeholders
- Effective navigation through internal processes and towards clear decisions
- Recruit, develop and coach direct reports to deliver to their full potential
- Ensure enthusiasm and delivery within the team
- Connects employees to the goals and objectives of the company by communicating and translating company objectives. Ensures that sound objectives are prepared throughout area of responsibility.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline with post-graduate qualification (MBA or PhD);
- 10 years’ work experience in relevant positions with significant experience in business development and a proven track record of leadership of high performing teams.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven leadership and people management skills across multiple sites
- Ability to quickly build relationships internally and externally
- Strong influencing skills
- Strategic thinking
- Strong communication & information sharing skills (oral and written)
- Strong process orientation
- Ability to navigation through internal processes and towards clear decisions
- Ability to handle high workload
- Proven experience in Business Development and Licensing
- Good understanding of contractual, financial and commercial disciplines
- Strong understanding of relevant markets, strategies, and products/services with multi-disciplinary background by education and/or experience, including strong financial analysis and management skills.