As Project Manager Digital Communication Channels, it will be your job to act as the liaison between the Corporate Affairs department, the IT department and various business stakeholders. The role sits within the Global Corporate Affairs (GCA) function. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of and improvements to AstraZeneca’s internal digital communications channels like our intranet, our new internal video channel and our internal social channel. Furthermore, you will oversee the day-to-day management of and improvements to AstraZeneca’s web-based editorial planning and content management tool. This initially is a 1-year Fixed Term Assignment in the Corporate Affairs team, reporting into the Director of Global External Communications, with a dotted line to the Corporate Affairs Digital Director.
This is an exciting role for an experienced IT project manager with experience with digital communications platforms, or for a Communications professional with proven IT project management experience with digital communications platforms. So, if you have an expertise in IT project management, experience with digital communication platforms and social channels, join AstraZeneca and help communicate engagingly and effectively with our people.
- Ensure any business and transformation projects/programmes with regards to internal digital communications channels align to the vision and business strategy, and that true business value is delivered as a result.
- Be responsible for the management, maintenance and delivery of web-based communications (social and web) channels including the intranet, the new social video platform, the internal social media channel and the editorial planning and content management system.
- Use the latest technologies for our channels from Salesforce.com, Kaltura, Percolate, and Stantive Technologies.
- Form and maintain strong partnerships with business customers driving the demand for the solutions is critical to success in this role and you will be providing day-to-day support for Corporate Affairs internal customers, both globally and in the markets.
- Work closely with the Corporate Affairs IT Release Manager who is accountable for managing and coordinating the agile development and delivery process for Corporate Affairs applications throughout the development lifecycle.
- Constantly look for innovative means to deliver quicker and more seamlessly within the process guideposts.
- Ensure delivery occurs with a sense of urgency and speediness of response, and completed within the approved programme budget and schedule commitments, whilst continuously assessing risk and balancing the need for flexibility and agility with conformance to standard methods and tools.
- IT Project Management experience, ideally in a Pharmaceutical IT environment.
- Demonstrated skills interacting with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Proven skills and experience delivering, managing and controlling large projects /programmes.
- Experience with management and delivery of web-based communications / social channels (intranet, social media, social video).
- Experience with working with CMSs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and passion for customers.
- Excellent relationship management, and influencing skills.
- Experience shaping innovative solutions.
- Good communication skills (both oral and written) and facilitation skills with the ability to work with others to achieve objectives.
- A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience.
Desirable Skills & Capabilities
- Programme/Project Management certifications preferred.
- Technical or Business degree.
- Demonstrated understanding of quality and compliance.
- Experience working in global organization and across cultural boundaries.
- The ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.