As Manager, Diabetes and Obesity Education Program you will be responsible for the administrative and management support of field-based Diabetes and Obesity Education Program at Novo Nordisk Canada Inc. In this role you are accountable to ensure proper execution of training program by Diabetes and Obesity Educators. You will provide management, coaching, mentorship and direction & guidance to a team of Diabetes and Obesity Educators.
- Ensure that reporting personnel have annual goals and measurements that are consistent with the priorities of the business
- Manage the application and communication of all Novo Nordisk policies, procedures, and Novo Nordisk Way.
- Ensure that the Individual Developmental Plan forms include completed learning and aspiration plans and are in place for all reporting personnel to enable the achievement of goals and capability to assume increased levels of responsibility.
- Coach and develop Diabetes and Obesity Educators and ensure that overall team objectives are being met.
- Mentor and build the talents of DE team members particularly with respect to knowledge of technical and product information, business practices and communication skills.
- Responsible for ensuring and tracking compliance with regulatory/legal mandates.
- Provide leadership for ongoing training support for DEs in the areas of responsibility as needed.
- Provide overall support of Diabetes and Obesity Educational needs.
- Evaluates appropriate use and allocation of resources to ensure attainment of program goals.
- Responsible for effectively managing budget within targets.
- Establishes, oversees implementation, and monitors adherence to administrative policies and procedures.
- Analyze, review and provide a monthly report on Diabetes and Obesity Education activities to the Associate Director, CDE Programs and Services
- Review and audit direct reports’ expense reports. Exercise prudent control of field expenses.
- Collaborate with Associate Director, CDE Programs and Services to implement strategies of the Diabetes and Obesity Education Program.
- Work with the Associate Director, to identify educational needs and implement tactics to support training needs in each area of responsibility.
The ideal profile for this job would be two years of people management experience with excellent people skills and a strong motivation to take on the responsibility of leading and developing others. You have more than five year’s relevant clinical experience with a degree in a relevant health profession. You must be a registered nurse or registered dietitian. Diabetes or Obesity care management is required, with experience in a multidisciplinary team in the primary care environment.
As a person, you are ambitious and have the ability to prioritize and plan ahead, while keeping focus on achieving your goals. Moreover, you have a positive attitude and an inspiring and engaging behaviour, and it shows that you take interest in your employee’s wellbeing. You thrive in the decision-making role, you are not afraid to challenge others and be challenged, and you have a direct and clear communication style that enables you to win acceptance. Lastly, proficiency in communication both written and verbal is necessary.