The Oncology Global Medicine Leader (GML) has high level accountabilities that are critical to the delivery of AstraZeneca business objectives and portfolio value targets. As a GML you will be accountable for the strategic leadership of the cross-functional Global Product Team to deliver successful global product strategy aligned to the global brand strategy through the brand’s life cycle.
A visionary business leader with an entrepreneurial style, you will have a passion to problem solve and the drive to succeed. Your influencing and engagement will ensure you lead a highly motivated team and succeed through credibility at the highest levels.
Your role will be key in the provision of successful product development and scientific and commercial excellence in support of the Company’s drug development efforts within Oncology.
AstraZeneca Oncology Business Unit
Our Oncology Business Unit (OBU) is responsible for driving growth and maximizing commercial performance of the global oncology and hematology portfolio within AstraZeneca.
In addition, it plays a critical role in setting the Oncology portfolio and product strategy for the organisation.
We see the oncology revolution as a once in a lifetime scientific opportunity with the potential to be the biggest step change since combinatorial chemistry and antibiotics, with 20 years of growth to come.
Together, we are going to win in Oncology with 4 key products all in early lifecycle; this represents one of the most diversified oncology portfolio in the industry.
We are moving into an exciting period of execution, we are structured to accelerate launch.
In addition, we have a very robust Oncology pipeline including investigational therapies in varied stages of clinical development, from recently approved products to earlier-stage molecules in clinical trials.
For more on AstraZeneca/MedImmune Oncology and to view their pipeline, please visit: https://www.astrazeneca.com/our-focus-areas/oncology.html
The Role: Accountabilities/Responsibilities
- A role model and an ambassador for the brand and for AZ with our internal partners and external collaborators, with representatives from the scientific community and health authorities, and in any interactions with health care practitioners and patients.
- Leads the cross functional Global Product Team (GPT) which together defines and drives the strategic direction of the brand and ensures scientific value creation across lifecycle including initial approval, launch, lifecycle indications through to patent expiry.
- Is entrepreneurial in problem solving and maximizes opportunities for the brand through shaping and driving ambitious and deliverable product strategy
- Identifies opportunities for the product strategy and drives decisions by coalescing diverse internal and external stakeholders’ interests.
- Ensures appropriate Governance and Compliance and protects AZ’s Rights, Data and Intellectual Property
- Builds and effectively leads high performing cross-functional teams.
Experiences & Education
You will possess expertise in all aspects of the oncology drug development, commercialization and launch process.
Specifically able to demonstrate experience in designing development strategies (including role of biomarkers) and leading Phase 3 programmes coupled with the appropriate regulatory and commercial experiences of successful oncology drug product approval and launch.
Your background will be complemented with several years’ experience gained in working in cross-functional / project teams with proven track record of successful product development and commercialisation based on strong science, commercial insights, market research and competitive intelligence.
You will evidence strong business leadership and credibility with key external oncology experts, payers and oncology scientific communities.
You will hold a BSc (or equivalent) and/or be medically qualified and ideally hold a postgraduate qualification (or equivalent). In addition, possess significant industry experience gained from the Pharmaceutical or Biotech industries (or related).
If this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application. For an exploratory conversation please connect with Melinda Wordel (Global Talent Scout) at Melinda.Wordel@astrazeneca.com All discussion will be held in complete confidentiality.
AstraZeneca welcomes applications from all sections of the community
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.