A new team has been created to assume global Business Development and Third Party Sales strategy and responsibility supporting all GSK sites in both Pharmaceuticals and Consumer Healthcare. The role of Director, Third Party Sales and Business Development will focus on developing and implementing deals with customers for the sale and supply of product from all GSK factories to third party customers. The role requires a commercially aware individual with entrepreneurial flair and excellent all round commercial skills, an appreciation and understanding of the Generics industry, the CMO market, the New Product Development market and the ability to find, develop and negotiate commercial arrangements on behalf of GSK with third parties on a global basis. As well as becoming the outward face of GSK’s generic API and Finished Product business the individual must be able to operate effectively as a senior manager within GSK ensuring appropriate strategies and governance are established and followed yet acting with the sense of entrepreneurial flair which will enable the business to succeed.
The successful competitor counterparts are experienced salespeople with a widely established network and with proven sales track records normally at VP or senior director level.
Areas of Responsibility
- Accountable for the sale of bulk drug substances, development capabilities, finished products or it’s manufacturing capabilities to third parties, in order to increase the overall profitability of GSK
- Delivers a business plan to meet sales targets for the relevant portfolio of promoted products, capabilities, services
- Responsible for regular analysis and monitoring of marketplace, sales, customers and competitors to deliver sales plans to ensure effective intervention.
- Sets market competitive pricing maximising the profit to GSK complying with the internal policies / competition law requirements
- Negotiates with potential customers to change their current sourcing to GSK.
- Deliver excellence in implementation of marketing campaigns and performance versus marketing selling objectives.
- Responsible for managing the processes that are essential for sales force effectiveness e.g. H.R, Reward & Recognition, recruitment and retention.
- Promotes new projects across the organisation, persuades and influences the executive decision makers internally and externally. Works collaboratively with the commercial organisations (regional and country level), GMS Exec team members, supply chains, manufacturing sites, manufacturing strategy, post approval registration, legal,finance,compliance and ensure the most effective outcome for GSK product sales.
- Develops and design customer meetings programme to ensure effective mobilisation of agents to drive growth and market share of approved GSK products, manufacturing capabilities, and services.
- Organise the representation of GMS on global/regional exhibitions
- Responsible for managing allocation of resource both people and financial to maximise business return including agencies / contract resource.
- Creates close working relationship with, corporate communications, regulatory teams, agents and manufacturing site teams that creates effective communication and feedback on effectiveness of campaigns in marketplace. This will involve both managing and working on cross-functional teams.
- Contributes to the Regional Supply Chain to shape and deliver Sales Strategy and People plans.
- Conducts contract negotiations, ensures the best price and the best supply chain is set up for GSK
- Provides high level leadership for the New Product Development process until embedded into the Sites
- Works closely with the Area Business Development Teams to support Divestment and Third Party Supply Deals, coordinates the GMS activities with the appropriate Site Account Managers.
- Works closely with the Trading Arrangement group and the exporting organisations (GSKE, GSKT etc.) in order to maximise profit and minimise risk in the trading route.
- Ensures the right business review meetings are held with the customers, and provides leadership in escalated issues, builds new potential business leveraging the built good relationships
- University Degree required
- Experience in Pharmaceutical or related industry
- Experience dealing with requirements of at least 2 of the following: pharmaceutical marketing, manufacturing OR business development.
- Understanding of Pharma regulatory environment in multiple countries.
- Understanding of Pharma commercial environment from a global perspective
- Experience in Negotiating, writing and administering legal contracts.
- Advanced degree/MSC preferred in any life science or technology field with advanced business/commercial degree
- Proven successful business to business sales track record in the Pharmaceutical Industry (preferably in finished products contract manufacturing sales)
- Proven ability to liaise with Commercial organization and provide support for a variety of deals.
- Completed at least 10 Business Development Projects on his/her own and experience having led at least one New Product Business Development Project from start to finish with third parties
- Achieved sales in the region of £25-50m in the B2B environment