- Leads EMAC/Intercon Medical Capability organization responsible for direct oversight of team that drives adaptation of global core medical communications content and publications for the respective therapeutic areas within the EMAC and Intercon market clusters
- Establishes and ensures execution of a clear communication strategy for the EMAC and InterconMarket Medical teams, aligned with the Global Medical capabilities, and designed to ensure delivery of timely and high quality information exchange
- Drives an integrated approach for timely delivery of data and insights as well as for engagement in credible scientific exchange with patients, healthcare providers and other customers across the portfolio to meet local market demands
- Serves a key role in understanding the communication needs of US customers (internal & external), representing needs to Global communication counterparts and ensuring timely execution
- Demonstrates leadership and functional subject matter expertise to the development and delivery of medical communication to enable safe and appropriate us of BMS’ medicines
- Responsible for provision of medical/scientific communications in accordance and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements for both safe and efficient use of BMS products.
- Proactively builds and maintains customer relationships by assessing customer needs, appropriately executing against those needs, and maintaining avenues for feedback focused on customer satisfaction
- Ensures EMAC and Intercon team representation / active participation in the development of core Global Publication / Content Teams
- Partners / collaborates closely with Global Medical Capabilities Leadership, Head Medical Capabilities Markets and Key Global and EMAC and Intercon Stakeholders
- Is active in external industry interface efforts (e.g. PhaCT MI, ISMPP) as BMS member representative with full voting privileges and in-person attendance to all member meetings.
- Drives awareness throughout Bristol-Myers Squibb of Medical Communications as a key resource for medical/scientific communications on BMS products.
- Ensure audit and inspection readiness.
- Ensure audit and inspection readiness. Experience in providing medical communications service including the applicable legal, regulatory and compliance framework surrounding the dissemination of medical communications within the US pharmaceutical industry in both a regional and global capacity.
- Extensive leadership experience with Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, required, PharmD or PhD preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in medical information and publication field across all phases of drug development and commercialization
- Experience leading diverse teams through direct and indirect influence
- Experience in a strategic leadership role – proven experience establishing strategic direction/vision for a group and proven ability to implement such vision
- Exceptional communication skills – oral and written and business acumen with ability to impact and influence senior internal stakeholders
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with demonstrated success in driving optimal business results in a complex matrix organization
- Experience with change leadership and appreciation for complexity of leading an organization through change
- Travel Required (nature and frequency) 30% International travel
- Attracts, hires, develops, and retains a talented, diverse cohesive team.
- Supports growth and development experiences that prepare individuals for broader responsibilities.
- Actively manages the professional development of direct reports by ensuring that all team members understand their individual performance targets and by helping direct reports address performance gaps.