The successful candidate will be responsible for advising and supporting the EU Innovation team, including Amgen’s Technology Hubs, on a wide variety of issues concerning the development and implementation of novel digital applications and connected solutions relating to Amgen’s biopharmaceutical and medical device products. This position will work closely with the EU Innovation team members at each Technology Hub and other members of the Amgen Law Department. The Counsel will be a member of and report directly to the International Legal Group in Zug, Switzerland. The Counsel will report indirectly to the Strategy & Innovation Law Group in Thousand Oaks, California.
Success in this position will require the ability to counsel, in a fast-paced environment, across a wide range of legal and regulatory issues, including EMA regulation of digital health products and medical devices, software, technology related commercial transactions, co-development, privacy, security, and compliance, as well as provide support for various Business Development opportunities, including various partnerships and collaborations with startup enterprises, healthcare providers and payers.
The role will require domestic and/or international travel.
- Qualification to practice law in at least one European jurisdiction
- 5+ years of experience as an attorney in a large law firm, biopharmaceutical company and/or technology company practicing law related to life sciences/healthcare, digital health or technology
- Experience counseling on EMA regulation of pharmaceutical and device products, including mobile medical applications, connected devices, clinical decision support software and other diagnostic solutions, combination and companion products is strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal communications, research and writing skills
- Highly developed ability to identify and advise on diverse legal, business, regulatory and compliance issues on a timely basis and to work independently and in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team
- Solid transactional and negotiating experience
- Common sense and good practical business judgment
- Fluency in English
- German language skills a plus