GSK is on a journey towards digital transformation to become the global leader in bringing the best in class analytics and insights, to serve the consumer and patient. In April 2017, Emma Walmsley, formerly the Head GSK Consumer, was appointed CEO of GSK and has been vocal about her desire to accelerate GSK’s digital transformation. This strategy is far reaching and will extend to all corners of the business – from Big Data and applications of artificial intelligence in R&D to New Media in bringing to life consumer brands.
We are looking to identify next-generation talent for the role of Communications, Operations and Innovation Director for GSK Consumer Health based in its U.S. headquarters in Warren, New Jersey. This role will lead development and delivery of best in class global, integrated communications programs that break-through in earned media. She/he will work across GSK Consumer Healthcare’s five product categories, as part of integrated marketing programs supporting our biggest global brands like Sensodyne, Theraflu, Panadol. This individual oversees operational improvements for how we develop and execute our communication. This includes bringing innovative thinking around platforms, partnerships, technology to continue to accelerate and draw efficiencies to how GSK builds more meaningful consumer connection to drive brand growth.
In the role of Communications, Operations and Innovation Director, you will serve as member of the Global Digital Content and PR leadership team accountable for building, promoting and protecting our Consumer Health brands through high-impact, insight-driven communications that can scale globally. You will work with a team of like-minded experts in analytics, digital media, and brand strategy to craft and tell compelling stories that support GSK brands and new product innovation to create business value to GSK.
At GSK, we strive for world-class brand communications and experience that leave a real impact on the consumer. To that end, our team is committed to redefining the role digital and earned communications play in driving impact to the business, and you will be fundamental to shaping the future with us. To be successful in this role you must have a passion for brand marketing, strong strategic digital marketing skills, and the ability to provide a vision, but also help teams make that vision a reality.
Our expectations of you
- Inspire internal teams and partner closely with agencies to create communications that earn media and achieve business objectives
- Lead teams to deliver consumer-centric, insights-led programs that are seamless across media channels
- Design clear way-of-working and collaboration across teams globally, regionally and locally in a fast-paced consumer healthcare organization
- Guide a team to deliver greater efficiency in how they share strategy, assets, insights, results so our brands show up consistently and resonate with the consumer
- Work with a global network of public relations experts and digital managers to both anticipate issues and manage reputational risks.
- Articulate a strong point of view on how best practices, measurement tactics, and cultural and consumer insights combine to deliver impactful earned media programs in a variety of business contexts, categories, and geographies.
- Bring the external into GSK to innovate our brand communication, content strategy and technology platforms for saleable, global results
- Oversee operations of our content tools and process including Digital Asset Management System, Digital Delivery model, and content development and production partners.