Our New Business Builder organization is looking for a co-founder/project managing director who can ensure a speedy and efficient development, commercialization and scale-up of portfolio of promising innovation project in start-up at Merck. You will be fully responsible for setting up all operations, building the team, developing the business activities and gaining market leadership. You will manage the day to day operations, provides strategic direction and structure and represents the project both internally as well as externally. As the owner of the innovation project you will be accountable for the P&L and have your own cost center. You will provide a timely and accurate report on the operating status of our projects.
Who you are
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in a top-tier consulting firm, Investment Banking, Venture Capital, Private Equity and/or start-ups
- Master degree preferred in business and management, finance, marketing, MBA is a plus
- Proven international experience of at least 2 years
- Proven record in building high performing teams and to execute and drive implementation within deadlines
- Proven record in motivating teams and driving team to outstanding achievements
- Strong analytical skills, big-picture thinking and ability to work international as well as in global virtual teams
- Strong structuring and analytical skills with the ability to set up efficient business process and manage P&L
- Flexible and willing to travel internationally (about 30% of time)
What we offer
At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!