As the Associate Director of Strategy & Operations for the Breast Cancer Franchise, the candidate will sit at the intersection of the brands and the Director of Strategy & Operations in an ‘Above Brand’ role and participate as a key member of the Breast Cancer Franchise Strategy & Operations team. This role will support the Breast Cancer Franchise strategic development and tactical execution across all Franchise products.
- Act as a liaison to the Breast Cancer Franchise Certified Nurse Education contract sales force.
- Coordinate across the Franchise brands to identify opportunities for ‘Above Brand’ tactical synergies.
- Lead the franchise planning and coordination of conventions, congresses, National sales meetings & Field Sales Preceptorship Program.
- Assist the Breast Cancer Franchise Leadership Team with internal communication and communication platforms (e.g. weekly/monthly communication efforts, SharePoint site management, Town Halls, etc.)
- Represent franchise on customer marketing & commercial operations projects.
- Manage small-scale, cross-brand/cross-franchise OBU initiatives.
- Participate in innovation forums and work with the Breast Cancer Franchise Leadership Team to identify, prioritize and organize work plans for potential new marketing initiatives.
- Contribute to the development & implementation of the Breast Cancer Franchise strategic brand plan.
- Partner with PLS on key deliverables for the Breast Cancer Franchise (e.g. Market Development, Business Analytics, etc.)
- Conduct ROI assessments on ‘Above Brand’ tactics on a quarterly basis and provide recommendations on future tactical viability back to Franchise Leadership team.
- Routinely work with internal support functions including Digital Strategy Team, IT, oMAP to support ‘Above Brand’ deliverables.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Bachelor’s Degree required (M.Sc./MBA preferred). Business and/or science background is required. An MBA with a focus in marketing or/and equivalent experience is desirable. Marketing expertise, gained through direct product management is essential. Previous Oncology experience desirable, but not essential, as is previous experience in pharmaceutical sales. This is an East Hanover HQ based role.
The ideal candidate should have a thorough knowledge of product management and at least 5 years’ experience in either sales, sales management, advertising or marketing research. Individual must possess excellent communication skills including strong presentation skills, excellent project management expertise, the ability to bridge marketing and science and the ability to manage the heavy workload common to a priority brand. Ability to communicate effectively across functions, specifically with senior management and headquarter functions (e.g. Business Analytics, Marketing) is key. Other responsibilities will include budget management, assessment of new marketing opportunities and market development planning.