The Associate Director, Clinical Project Management manages the Product Development Team (PDT) for 2-4 early development oncology programs. The role includes partnering with the Program Lead to set the strategic direction for the molecule, building a comprehensive plan through the end of Phase I, and coordinating a cross-functional team to execute to strategy.
- Sets agendas and conducts PDT meetings and/or works with PDT Lead to set PDT agendas. Manages PDT members in the development and execution of the project development plan and governance body deliverables. Conducts risks assessments and leads the PDT in contingency planning.
- Manages projects for external development partnerships/alliances and works with Partner PM as appropriate. May lead joint development meetings with external partners.
- Collects and compiles project information through various reporting systems and develops scenarios for portfolio analysis and applies portfolio decisions to project plans.
- Provides analysis of the impact of portfolio decisions on projects and communicates appropriately to the PDT and executive management level.
- Monitors, tracks and reports timelines, budgets, resource and risks related to all PDT activities and aligns these with therapeutic area strategy
- Manages multiple major projects with PD or other stakeholders.
- Analyzes the impact of portfolio decisions on projects, programs and TA’s. Assists in developing and establishing strategies for portfolio. Leads and designs contingency plans with assistance from team.
- Assists management in the selection of action plans that best meets business objectives.
- Builds and manages overall project budget through close communication with the functional areas.
- Provides overall project timeline and cost estimates to assess project and licensing opportunities impacting the therapeutic area.
- BS, MS or PhD in a science or business-related field
- 5+ years project management experience required, including management of large complex programs and cross-functional teams. 5-7 years of Drug Development/ Clinical Development/Safety experience preferred
- Proven experience leading teams as a project manager
- Basic knowledge of drug development, specifically clinical development, and generally accepted project management practices, including budget, finance and portfolio review, and team management skills
- Team and drug development or project management related experience. Demonstrated leadership skills with broad business orientation.
- Advanced knowledge in project management practices, including budget, finance and portfolio review, drug development process and team management skill
- Led clinical development projects, preferably with experience leading Phase I studies.
- General knowledge across multiple therapeutic areas, preferably oncology
- Master’s or PhD in a science or business related field preferred.